Do you ever have times in your life when too many things are changing, too many things to make decisions about and life just seems overwhelming?
It’s been a wild couple of weeks and my life is feeling upside down.
There are big things and some not so big things but it all culminates into a conglomeration of a big heap of everything.
I was discussing this with a colleague this week. About how I need to compartmentalize my life because otherwise it gets complicated. Being a mother/grandmother is one big part. My authorship and book life is another part. My life at work and doing my job there is a whole other part. Being a wife and soulmate is the one part of my life that is sane and stable and comfortable for the time being. That’s one thing that hasn’t changed or hopefully won’t change along with everything else. In every other area of my life, something is changing or will change in the next month or so.
I know you’re wondering what I’m talking about. I’ll give you a vague picture:
– Church issues have culminated in questioning whether to keep attending or go church shopping. This has been incredibly hard and painful. I hate church shopping. I love my church. I’ve been involved in so many ministries and have many great memories – twenty one years worth. My kids grew up here. I’m one of the loyal people and stick with something even when it gets hard. But I’m also someone who needs to stand up when something isn’t right and my activism is causing a rift. So much prayer has gone into this and so far God has told us to stand firm for the cause of righteousness, justice and truth.
– Our youngest daughter and her husband have decided to move. We know why they are going and we support them and understand. But they are taking our two granddaughters with them – one of them being our newest member of the family. She is a month old. Yes, change hurts. Like crazy. We haven’t been able to convince them to leave the girls with us 🙂 They will only be two provinces away but when I’m used to having them drop in at least once or twice a week, it’ll be quite an adjustment.
– We had someone seriously interested in our home and property this past month. We’ve been talking about possibly moving in the past year but not seriously yet and now it was staring us in the face. Do we move? Is it time? We looked at a few possibilities and when the buyers let us know they have decided not to pursue buying our place, I breathed a sigh of relief. Too many changes. Too fast.
– Another Christian TV show in Toronto is interested in possibly having me come for an interview for my book and my story. Another decision to make. Well, I’ve been praying about it and today I made that decision and filled out the online bio they had requested and sent it. That decision is made and it’s up to them whether they want to have me come or not. And I have peace about that one.
– There’s more. I think I’m also uneasy because my annual mammogram is coming up again this week. Yay. Every year it sneaks up on me and even though I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine, it’s not fun at all. In fact it is wickedly painful for me. I dread it but it’s really good to know everything is clear. So I’ll go…
That gives you a snapshot of what has been going on here. I’m so glad one thing that never changes is my God. I can count on Him to be there in every area and help me with the changes. And I’m hoping He can provide the strength and the security that I long for when the changes come. He’s done it in the past. He is faithful.