675 McDermot Ave
St. Boniface Unit
O Block – 409 Tache Ave.
Patient and Family Support Services:
675 McDermot Ave.
St. Boniface Unit
– has counsellors, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, spiritual health specialists, and other health care professionals who can help you and your family deal with the emotional, psychological, social and spiritual stresses you might be experiencing. Support groups and other programs are also available.
– provided by a registered dietician specializing in cancer.
Patient and Family Resource Centre
– is a quiet, comfortable environment with a library, computers, telephone and complimentary refreshments. Main floor, CCMB. A library is also available at St. Boniface Unit.
Guardian Angel Caring Room
– offers help with appearance related side effects, information sessions on managing side effects of treatment, as well as the Look Good Feel Better program. Wigs, turbans, and head coverings are available free of charge. A wig room is also available at the St. Boniface Unit.
CCMB Breast Cancer Centre of Hope
691 Wolseley Ave.
No charge dial – 1-888-660-4866
– offers a library, free prostheses, a province-wide link to information and support, and peer support. A nurse is available for consultation and help with decision making.
Community Cancer Programs Network
– helps rural and northern Manitobans receive cancer care.
Main floor, CCMB, 675 McDermot Ave. Room ON1212.
– liaises between patients/families and CancerCare Manitoba staff. All inquiries are handled confidentially in a respectful and timely manner. If you have any concerns regarding the care you are receiving, call them.
Patient and Family Support Services
Services through The Canadian Cancer Society
Telephone Peer Support – available through Canadian Cancer Society’s Peer Support Program
Call 774-7483 or 1-888-939-3333.
The Canadian Cancer Society coordinates a Transportation Service for patients. Registration and a minimum of 3 working days notice is required. A daily user fee is charged. Call 787-4121 or toll free 1-888-532-6982 or visit the CCS Driver Office on the main floor of CancerCare Manitoba at 675 McDermot Ave..
*Information from CancerCare Manitoba Foundation – The Navigator